Thursday, June 25, 2009

Some serious folding...




Each wrap has either a hazelnut-arugula-basil pesto or a sunflower seed-cilantro pesto, which, apart from the ingredients listed in the name, are made with garlic, fresh lemon juice, and a touch of raw apple-cider vinegar. The remaining wrapped ingredients are spiralized zucchini, grated rainbow carrots, and sunflower sprouts! A friend said these sprouts "taste like sunshine!" - thus the name...pretty perfect, no?


I LOVE MAKING THESE! It's kind of like origami...with a little bit of patience, you can create something beautiful, and completely edible, not to mention super-healthy :) I have a technique were I can tuck the ends of the leaf into themelves without any anchoring assistance...it's perfect, although I must admit I get there half the time...the other half was helped out by toothpicks. But I was just informed by a kind gentleman aware of our labors in making these wraps that we could actually use lemongrass to tie up the wraps! So perfect!! I believe the arrival of the wraps is serendipitous, because this morning's Oregonian had a feature about what? Wraps, of course!! Check out the scanned article at this link:

No comments:

Post a Comment